martes, 23 de septiembre de 2008

"With a Little Help from My Friends"

What would you think if I sang out of tuneWould you stand up and walk out on meLend me your ears and I'll sing you a songAnd I'll try not to sing out of keyOh, I get by with a little help from my friendsMmm I get high with a little help from my friendsMmm I'm gonna try with a little help from my friendsWhat do iI do when my love is away(Does it worry you to be alone)How do I feel by the end of the day(Are you sad because you're on your own)No, I get by with a little help from my friendsMmm I get high with a little help from my friendsMmm I'm gonna try with a little help from my friendsDo you need anybodyI need somebody to loveCould it be anybodyI want somebody to loveWould you believe in a love at first sightYes I'm certain that it happens all the timeWhat do you see when you turn out the lightI can't tell you, but I know it's mineOh I get by with a little help from my friendsMmm I get high with a little help from my friendsOh I'm gonna try with a little help from my friendsDo you need anybodyI just need somebody to loveCould it be anybodyI want somebody to loveOh I get by with a little help from my friendsMmm I´m gonna try with a little help from my friendsOh I get high with a little help from my friendsYes I get by with a little help from my friendsWith a little help from my friends.

"With a Little Help from My Friends" (título original: A Little Help from My Friends) fue una canción escrita por Paul McCartney y John Lennon. Formó parte del álbum Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band en 1967 . Fue escrita para, y cantada por, el batería de los Beatles, Ringo Starr.

Lennon y McCartney insistieron que Starr cantara la canción, incluyendo la alta nota del final. Starr accedió con una condición: la introducción tuvo que ser cambiada de "What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you throw ripe tomatoes at me?" (¿Qué haríais si cantara la nota incorrecta? ¿Me arrojaríais tomates maduros?) a "What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me?" (¿Qué haríais si cantara la nota incorrecta? ¿Os levantaríais y me abandonaríais?). Sus argumentos para este cambio eran que él no quería que sus fans realmente le lanzaran tomates si cometía un error al cantar en vivo.La canción aparentemente es una conversación entre el cantante y un grupo de gente. Por ejemplo, en el fragmento "Would you believe in a love at first sight/Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time", los otros tres Beatles cantan la primera línea, y Starr contesta en la siguiente.La banda acabó de grabar la canción el día en el que posaron para la cubierta del álbum Sgt. Pepper.Un título preliminar para la canción fue "Badfinger Boogie", tomando como inspiración el nombre de la banda Badfinger.La canción fue tres veces número uno en los registros musicales británicos para sencillos y se situó en el puesto número 304 en la lista de "Las Más Grandes 500 Canciones de Todos los Tiempos", publicada por la revista Rolling Stones

No hay comentarios: